Sweet Potato "Hash"
Makes 1 serving. Each serving contains: grams of carbs macros allowed, 10 grams of fat or macro allotment and 15 grams of protein or macro allotment
• 1 tsp olive or coconut oil
• Sweet potato, cooked and cubed (as much as allowed for macro allotment)
• Toasted whole wheat bread, crumbled
• 1 cup chopped kale (without rind)
• 3 egg whites
• Any desired additional chopped vegetables such as broccoli, leeks or red onion
• Large pinch of :
• Pizza seasoning
• Garlic powder
• Black pepper
• Chili powder
• Crushed red pepper
• 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
• 1 ½ Tbsp. 0% Fage Greek yogurt
• Frank's Red Hot sauce (as desired)
Heat oil on med/high skillet. Add potatoes and vegetables, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir and add all seasonings, stir and cook for additional 2 minutes. Spread evenly across skillet and pour egg whites over evenly. Cover and try on one side for 3 minutes. Crumble bread onto bottom of plate. Flip contents of pan to fry on other side. Break up into pieces and lay over bread crumbles. Mix hot sauce, yogurt and parmesan cheese and pour over "hash". Enjoy!
• Variation to add protein: add diced chicken or albacore tuna
• Variation to add fats: peanut butter or PB2 is amazing mixed into this as a topping
Find this awesome health coach at her FB page link here! She excels working with athletes as well!